Re: [Evolution] +cvs.2001.03.23.09.06 snapshot.

We used Mozilla's NSS libraries and it's already working in the latest
CVS.

Jeff

On 23 Mar 2001 10:55:59 -0500, Alexander Craig Russell wrote:
Evolvees,

   I apologize in advance if these are known issues with
2001.03.23.09.06. (Updated through red-carpet, RH7, Gnome1.4b.)

   1. Hostname for my SMTP server appears as ";auth=PLAINmy.smtp.server"
(without the quotes). No amount of changing seems to help this.

   2. I have somewhat sporadic crashes on exit. If I can faithfully
reproduce, I'll file a bug report for this.

Also, I second nominate d-n-d to file e-mail in IMAP folders (I've heard
before that it's in the works...)

Finally, I am curious what the Evo team has decided about SSL code:  my
memory (from some time ago, perhaps .5 or .4) is that the options were
1.) try to actually use the GPL'd mozilla SSL library, 2.) wait for TLS
to be implemented by Werner Koch, et. al., in glibcrypto, 3.) ask the
user to link to openSSL despite BSD licensing, 4.) start from scratch.
What's the current state of affairs?

Best regards,

Alex Russell
CSE/UCONN