Re: [Evolution] Feature Request

On 15 Mar 2001 07:13:22 -0800, Garrett Mickelson wrote:
I'm not sure who is responsible for the conduits themselves, be it the
Evo team or another, so I'll post my idea here. It would be something
fantastic if the conduits had intelligent syncing. For example, during
the sync process, if you have the above mentioned situation, then a
dialog box would pop up saying something to the effect of: "You seem to
have differing entries for the same individual: <Last Name>, <First
Name>. What action would you like performed?" The radio buttons would
be: Merge Contacts into One Record, Replace Evolution Contact, Replace
Handheld Contact, Add Both Contacts. At the bottom have a Next button
and a Cancel button.

Well the standard syncing rules are set by the palm people.  The problem
with the solution you propose is that is also requires user intervention
and then timeouts to the pilot come into play.  A solution like what you
suggest is possible but unlikely for 1.0.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com