Re: [Evolution] evolution mailer problems

On 20 Mar 2001 10:05:59 +0100, Levente Farkas wrote:
hi,
I try again the new evolution. first of all I add an (cyrus) imap server to
the folders
1.when I restart evolution it ask for my imap password but right after
  it put the main window of evolution OVER the password window so I always
  have to switch to that in order to be able to type my password (I don't
  set remember password of course).

I presume the splash screen has also vanished.  I guess we need to look
into this.

2.another problem when I connect to our cyrus imap server I get menny error
   message:
   Error while 'Synchronising folder':
   Failed to get lock using fcntl(2): No locks aviable.

That is a warning about your local mailboxes (probably swithing from
inbox to the imap folder) that cannot be synchronised.  You have a home
directory on nfs with no locks?  You need to build evolution without
fcntl locking, however it will be run-time configurable at some point in
the future.

3.even if I open all subfolders in my imap folders and restart evolution
  than all of my folders are closed (i.e. don't show subfolders, so I have
  to click again  on the + sign) why don't remember which subfolders was
  open and which ones was closed (it's very annoying, since my imap
  filters put new mails into subfolders and I can't see them.

I think there is just now stuff being done to address this, although i
am not sure it will fully address this.

4.I'm not able to set anything to show the message count on folders. not
  just the unread messages but the read messages count. it'd be very
  annoying I'd like to see the total message count.
  PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE at least as an option.

Well maybe there isn't really space to do it neatly in the normal view.

5.there is a ssl button in the imap server setting but it's still not
  working. I waiting for it!!!!:-)

Soon.

6.a "next" button like in netscape which jump to the next unread mail
  would be very useful.

Try the 'n' key.

7.I try to send this bug reports through bug-buddy, but even if I start it
  from evolution's menu en even it's a helix version of bug-buddy, there
  is no package listed (in the package list) as evolution (or any other
  ximian products, like red-carpet...)

I try:
evolution-0.9-100_helix_200103160905
bug-buddy-1.90-0_helix_1

Hmm, not sure if there's a later bug-buddy than that, try that first,
otherwise, bug reports are generally posted through bugzilla.ximian.com,
which also lets you review the bug to make sure nobody else has already
posted it.