[Evolution] Won't run as root

After installing the lastest snapshot off Red-Carpet, I tried to run Evo logged in as root. It starts, says it is moving files to my /root/evolution directory, says it is installed, and then opens. Once open, I can't do anything. Most of the menus are empty and I can't open any folders.

Am I doing something wrong?

I removed the evo directory and the .gnome directories and restarted X, but it didn't help.

Note: It runs fine when I'm logged in as mtolman, just not as root.

Thanks
Mark Tolman
Network Architect
Angstrom Microsystems, Inc.