Re: [Evolution] Some usabilty issues and bugs....

On 20 Mar 2001 09:27:34 -0800, Michael Morrison wrote:
Howdy folks,

Great job so far.  I can almost make evolution my mail program of
choice.
There is a couple of problems:

Operating System:              Linux
Distribution Version:          Red Hat Linux release 6.2 (Zoot)

Operating System Version:      #2 Fri Mar 9 16:08:20 PST 2001
Operating System Release:      2.4.0
Processor Type:                i686
System Status:                 8:43am  up 10 days, 16:32,  2 users,
load average: 1.97, 1.96, 2.04

Evolution version: 0.9

Some Usability issues.

1. When a message is deleted, move it from Inbox to Trash then go to the
   text in the message list is a pain if you get a large number of mails
   every day.

2. I generally do not send HTML mail.  But if someone sends me an HTML
mail
   and I reply to it, I would like the reply to be in HTML.  Maybe this
   could be a configurable option.  So if I reply to a text message,
send
   the reply in text.  If I get an HTML message, reply in HTML.
   Settings/Mail Configuration/Other/Send HTML Mail by Default check box
   should only apply to new messages.

On a related note, how can you get the composer window to be a plain
text editor window, without the Normal/HeaderN/Pre styles and constant
width text?

3. If someone sends an HTML mail and I reply, but have not checked the
   Settings/Mail Configuration/Other/Send HTML Mail by Default.
   then the text in the reply message is all on one line (if no explicit
line
   breaks in the original).  How about doing an automatic line break on
long
   lines.

3. In the "Evolution Account Editor" Advanced tab:  The automatic mail
check
   toggles don't stick - maybe they just aren't implemented yet?

Upcoming release, right now they are GUI-ized, but nothing is attached
behind.

4. When you hit the 'Get Mail' button I hate having to click the OK
button
   on the dialog that comes up labled "Send & Receive mail"
   I don't see why there even needs to be a dialog displayed unless
there
   is an error.  Better yet, make the automatic mail getter work!

Going away in upcoming release.