[Evolution] Offline IMAP mail

Warning:  The following e-mail message was composed by a person who has
little to no understanding of the IMAP internet mail protocol.   It also
speaks favorably of at least one Microsoft product.  Consider yourself
warned.

Hello all.  I have recently set up an IMAP server in my office, and I
really like it.  Being able to access my mailboxes, set up just as I
left them, from anywhere I go, is really neat.  However, there's one
thing lacking: Being able to read my mail offline.

There are times when I'm using my laptop and I don't have an internet
connection, but I would still be able to read (and maybe reply to) my
mail.  With Evolution I can't do that unless the mail is stored locally.

My question is: Would it be possible for Evo to mirror IMAP mailboxes
locally, so that when you're offline you see a snapshot of whatever was
there the last time you connected?  And would it also be possible to
have it sync up any changes/additions/deletions you've made the next
time you connect?  (Outlook lets you do this with Exchange, which is
where I got the idea.)

Just think how cool that would be!  It would make life much easier for
anybody who travels with a laptop, or for the many people who still use
dial-up internet connections.

Any comments?

Abe