Re: [Evolution] evolution mbox error

On 13 Mar 2001 19:18:39 -0500, Abe Fettig wrote:
Whoops!  Sorry for giving out bad advice.  Still, shouldn't evolution
handle this situation a little more gracefully?  It seems like having to
add users to the "mail" group is a little much - other mail clients I've
used haven't had this problem.

Yes we certainly plan to fix this.  Some mailers are installed
setgid/setuid which is kind of bad, and we cannot do that with gtk
applications (or should it be done for any application of this size), we
plan to have a small program which can handle this and can be more
privildged, we just haven't got to it yet.

 Michael