Re: [Evolution] Dealing with broken mailers

On 13 Mar 2001 17:20:46 +1030, Not Zed wrote:
If you want to see such details (which aren't even important) you can
use view-source.

Suppose, for the sake of argument, that they are important to me.  I'm
the user.  Are you writing Evolution for users or for yourselves?

In this particular case, I actually do find it fairly important to see
(without having to view source) who the sender of a message is.

Well IMHO there are other reasons not to waste time on 'fixing' these
interoperability issues, including the time wasted!

My complaint/question was perfectly general; the two bugs I filed were
examples only.  Eudora generates broken messages. Evolution deals with
these in a way that does not present all the relevant information to the
user (IMHO).  I complained that "Eudora's broken, not our problem" is
not a good reason not to fix it (or 'fix' it).  If there are good
reasons, it would be nice if you put them in Bugzilla when you mark the
bug WONTFIX, and if there are none, it wouldn't hurt anyone (I assume)
to LATER it if you don't consider it wortwhile for the next milestone.

I really don't mean to be confrontational or anything. I'm spending a
fair amount of time on testing, filing bugs, etc.  Being told "Won't fix
this, waste of time" doesn't really make me feel like my (perhaps
meager) contributions are being appreciated.

-Richard