Re: [Evolution] Importing mail from windooze?

On 09 Mar 2001 11:32:51 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:

Le 2001.03.09 10:50:42 +0100, Ross Burton a écrit :
On 08 Mar 2001 19:41:04 -0500, NotZed wrote:

The pst format is a proprietry database format, and although we've had
a little peek at its internals i dont think anyone got very far.

We will provide some migration mechanism that will probably revolve
around
running an export program under windows first, and then importing
the result to evolution, this is planned at least.

There is a library on Linux called liboe, and a program called oe2mbx,
which reads Outlook Express .pst files and produces a mbx.  I used it
last year and it mainly worked for my ~8000 messages, but it didn't like
three messages. If this bug has been fixed this might be worth a look
at.

I used it for 3 folders (some thousands mail too), and didn't have any
problem. It really should be part of Evolution!

Code from that library is in the OE4 importer.  I'm pretty sure that it
does not do .pst files from outlook.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com