[Evolution] Problems checking mail

I finally got Evolution to compile again.  But I still
have tons of trouble getting my mail.  Now I'm getting
error dialogs such as:

Error while performing operation:
Server unexpectedly disconnected

I'm checking two different POP accounts on the same
server.  I get this nearly every time I check my mail,
typically after I haven't checked in a while.  Sometimes
I get one of these messages, and sometimes I get two.

Any ideas why?  I don't believe that my POP server is the
problem, because my wife has an account on the same
server, and she never gets this error with Spruce.

Dan