Re: [Evolution] Crash while trying to save an e-mail address to the Contacts list

On 28 Jun 2001 13:30:16 -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
On 28 Jun 2001 11:22:32 -0600, Dan Hensley wrote:
On 28 Jun 2001 12:18:58 -0500, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
Are you using CVS orbit?  Maybe you have a version that is _too_ new.

I do have the latest CVS ORBit.  Unfortunately (as I'm sure you're well
aware), ORBit doesn't have a Changelog, so it's not the easiest thing to
figure out how far back to go to get a good ORBit, if I even can.  Any
idea how to proceed from here?

In my experience, CVS orbit is pretty evil and tends to regularly cause
flaming death.  I always just use the latest one packaged by Ximian,
unless there is some *really* compelling reason to do otherwise.

Just for the record, I'm using orbit 0.5.7 right now.

-JT

Just thought I'd let you know that I reverted back to the released 0.5.8
and now adding contacts via right-clicking on an e-mail address works
again.  So the current CVS ORBit is either evil or its behavior has
changed.

Based on a Changelog that I generated from rcs2log, I'd guess that the
patches from Mark McLoughlin that Elliott committed on 6/15/01 are
probably what did it.  I'm sure that this deserves a bug report for
ORBit, but I'm not sure what exactly to say in it.  Would it be possible
for you to submit one?

Incidentally, when I tried adding my contact, it thought it was a
duplicate even though the only thing that matched was the first name.  I
reported this a few weeks ago, but it looks like it hasn't been fixed
yet.  I tried visiting bugzilla to see if I had submitted a bug report
for it, but unfortunately it's not available right now.

Dan