Re: [Evolution] RFE:Posting Calendar Items to IMAP folders

A similar idea for leveraging the server-based calendaring offered
by other vendors would be to create an interface to the wed calendaring
services of Yahoo.  My wife just talked me into using Yahoo Calendar,
because it gives us quite sophisticated scheduling, appointment
notification and privacy controls.  It sends reminder e-mail for
each day's appointments, in addition to any per-appointment reminders
you've chosen to receive.  I automatically see my wife's appointments
interleaved with my own.  We can also send each an invitation to join
a meeting.  Anyhow, the list of features is quite long.  There are
religious and national holidays that can be selected for inclusion
into a calendar and so on and so forth.

Anyhow, I suppose we could develop a backend interface that would
emulate the actions of a browser submitting HTML forms to cause
appointments to be scheduled, forwarded and so on.  The obvious
severe weakness is that if the website's forms change, so does this
integration backend.

I wonder how Yahoo would feel about working with the Evolution team
to cooperatively develop this integration?

Regardless, the Yahoo service is well worth evaluating by the
Evolution core team for a competitive analysis of the Calendar/
Task List functionality.

Cheers,
        Miles