Re: [Evolution] couple of errors...

On 20 Jun 2001 12:10:08 -0400, Roberto Moral Denche wrote:
Hello there!

I got Evolution 0.10 up and running on my solaris 8 box, however I am
getting 2 annoying errors (non-fatal).

1: When sending an e-mail and try to type that "@" in the To: Cc: or
BCc: field wombat dies I still can send the e-mail without a problem but
I get the gnome bug thingy telling me that wombat has caused an error
and died.

2: I leave evolution up and running all the time due to my work (24 hrs
a day) I am running in to a problem when I get to work on the morning
and I have 300 windows from Evolution telling me that it can
stat/sumarize or movemail can't work because too many open files, I have
many other apps up and running and none of them complain about this,
sutting down all the apps but evolution doesn't fix the problem
either... any idea?

I have a similar but different problem. I'm online douring the day but
offline at night. If I don't set Evolution to stop checking my mail I'll
end up with over a hundred identical popup errors by morning. It appears
that ``Work Offline'' doesn't work at the moment and that that should
help. Still, Evolution shouldn't be giving the user redundant errors in
general.

--Ben

thanks for your time.

-

| Roberto Moral Denche       |                                           |
| UNIX Systems Administrator | It might look like I'm standing motionless|
| Susquehanna Partners, GP.  | but I'm actively waiting for my problems  |
| roberto susq com           | to go away                                |
| 1 610 617 2813             |                          - Scott Adams -  |
| This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the      |
| individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are|
| solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of   |
| Susquehanna Partners GP. If you are not the intended recipient, be     |
| be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use,|
| dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is       |
| strictly prohibited.                                                   |