Re: [Evolution] .IBEX file? UPDATE

Ibex files aren't the same type of index that the summary file is. The
summary file has a chunk of data per message that contains info like
subject, to, from, etc. The ibex files are more of a lookup table that
indexes all the words found and which message(s) they were found in.

What I suspect is happening is that when messages are deleted, the code
does not force a re-ibexification of the messages because it'd be
extremely slow to do on large mailboxes. Simply put, this is an
optimization.

If you are tight on space or you don't search much, then you can always
turn the indexing off. This will make it so that .ibex files will not be
created but, at the same time, searches will be slower if searching on
body content.

Jeff