RE: [Evolution] Charset for mail messages: ANSI_X3.4-1968?

On 11 Jun 2001 19:46:57 +0500, Dan Winship wrote:
My locale is lt_LT.iso8859-13, but evolution uses 8859-4.

The behavior I was talking about (using the locale charset) is in the
recent snapshots only. 0.10 had a hardcoded list of charsets to try, and
it did the 8859 variants in numerical order, and since -4 and -13 are
nearly identical, it would end up using -4.

But I don't like that Evolution does not allow me to choose charset

The snapshots (and the upcoming 0.11) allow you to pick a default
charset for outgoing messages. (Defaults to the locale charset). That
will also eventually be used as the default assumed encoding for
x-user-defined, etc. And you will be able to override incorrect
encodings for display, and change the encoding for specific messages in
the composer when you don't want to use the default.

Override?  Oh?  And just how do you plan to do that?  The camel api is
utf-8 ...