Re: [Evolution] Snapshots, FTP and Source RPMs

On 08 Jun 2001 13:19:34 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
Greetings patient users.

Hopefully by now the enter-crashes-composer bugs will be gone with the
latest updates.

The rpms are now available at:
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/evolution-snapshot/

and the source rpms at
ftp://ftp.ximian.com/pub/evolution-snapshot/<insert-distro-here>/source

The addressbook is now linked against db3, if you are missing your
contacts you can probably upgrade by using db_dump185 <name> | db_load >
addressbook.db.

I tried the above command, including variations, and it didn't work.
What I'm trying to do now is something along the lines of
strings addressbook.db > tempfile
(edit tempfile to remove certain lines)
Import via Evolution importer.

I was able to do this in the past last time this fiasco came up for me.
Unfortunately now, the Evolution importer doesn't work at all.  I go
through the druid until I get to Import, and when I click on it nothing
happens.  Is the importer known to be broken right now (using CVS from
about 2 days ago)?

Dan

-JP