[Evolution] reminders in calendar not working

Hi All,

I've been trying to get reminders to work in the calendar but have not
gotten very far.  When I create an appointment I can add reminders on
the "Reminders" tab.  When the time rolls around that the alarm should
fire, nothing happens - no beeps no dialog boxes, not a sausage.

Is there some configuration step that I've missed or is there a bug?
(couldn't find anything in Bugzilla).

Thanks
Conrad

p.s. I've been using evo as my primary mailer (in fact the primary other
half of my brain) for several months now and its getting better every
day.