Re: [Evolution] evo crashing

is the stable branch in RC?...i'm experiencing "some" return key behavior but not
consistently....

main thing at moment it seems is that i get a crash when trying to delete large
amounts of email....evo imported netscape stuff ( whoops ) and i had 1800 emails
in inbox in evo...it didn't like it....

is this related to orbit issue? and if so which version >= etc. do i check for...

lee

Not Zed wrote:

You need to add the stable branch name to the cvs checkout, i.e.

 -r orbit-stable-0-5

If you already have a copy checked out, you can just do

 cvs -z3 update -dP -r orbit-stable-0-5

from within the directory, and it'll just patch your copy to that
version.

On 08 May 2001 18:22:17 +0200, Heinz-Josef Claes wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > after some weeks of absense I got a new version of evo from cvs and
 > compiled it. It looks nicer and works faster.
 >
 > Unfortunately, it crashes wenn typing a carridge return when replying
 > oder sending mail.
 > Can anybody help me to solve this?

-You probably need to update to the latest stable ORBit from
-CVS to fix this one.  After you do this though, can you see
-if evo crashes when you open a Compose window, type a few
-characters, then hit <CR> (see bug 2517)?  I've been trying
-to convince Ximian for weeks that there's a problem, but they
-aren't listening.

-Dan

Thanks, but how do I get the latest *stable* ORBit from CVS?
When I try

cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous farbror acc umu se:/cvs/gnome' login
cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous farbror acc umu se:/cvs/gnome' -z3 checkout ORBit

(like with evolution, gal, etc.) I get a very old version. Where is the
right place to
get it (and also how)?

thanks a lot,
Heinz-Josef Claes

PS: Sorry for the bad format of the mail, but I'm receiving with evo
       and sending with mozilla.