Re: [Evolution] IMAP Filters

On 27 Jul 2001 15:29:25 -0400, ///o-o\\\ wrote:
i just posted a message concerning IMAP accounts and filters and realized
you may not be able to 'filter' with IMAP, so you'd have to use vFolders. is
this the case?

thanx.

No. Filters on IMAP do work, but not in an extremely intuitive way. If
you edit your IMAP account, in "Receiving Options" there is a checkbox
to "Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on this server." If checked,
just that will happen -- when new messages land in INBOX, filters will
be run on them.

Although I should warn that IMAP filters can occasionally deadlock
evolution-mail.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton