Re: [Evolution] how are threads sorted?

Am 25 Jul 2001 09:42:21 +0100 schrieb Ross Burton:
On 25 Jul 2001 10:06:06 +0200, Thomas Emmel wrote:
Hi all,

all the time I am just wondering how the algorithm to build a thread in
evo works...
It works mostly realy fine but sometimes there are curious threads like
(I have to type it, cause I will not add a picture of evo itself ;-)

janne...    - [Evolution] _Very_ strange sizing problem
jeffrey...    - Re: [Evolution] _Very_ strange sizing problem
steven...     | - [Evolution] Launching
peter...      |   |_ Re: [Evolution] Launching
ritchie...    |   |_ Re: [Evolution] Launching
den...        |   |_ Re: [Evolution] Launching
luis...       |_ Re: [Evolution] _Very_ strange sizing problem

I don't know the algorithm as I'm not an Evo developer, but I do know
that sometimes that happens because people reply to an existing message
and then change the subject, so in this example steven might have
replied to jeffrey's mail and changed the subject to "Launching".  Look
at the headers of the messages for the References: field, this is used
to build the thread tree.

Yes, but there is no reference-field for the first "Launching" mail
the others are obviously referenced to that mail...

Of course, this might just be a bug in the threading code...

Maybe... I will ask louie on thursday in the chat

Btw, anyone who knows how to add a vcard to my mail?

Thomas Emmel