Re: [Evolution] Application for attachments

On 24 Jul 2001 17:57:12 +0200, Alessandro Menegaz wrote:
I 've just installed Evo v.0.9 on KDE 2.1.1 (Mandrake 8).
It works fine but I've got a little problem opening attachments with Staroffice.
When I try to open these attachments (i.e. right-click on a ppt attachment and select "Open with
Staroffice")
nothing happens.
I've installed Staroffice 5.2.
Naturally I can open these files with staroffice if I save them on disk, but I'd want to know if there is
a way to open them from Evo (pherapse there is a configuration file to set the applications
used by Evo to open attachments ?).

These settings are managed by gnome-vfs; you can configure them through
the Control Center (in Document Handlers -> File Type and Applications).
Presumably your settings for Staroffice aren't quite right.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton