Re: [Evolution] Evolution-mail not showing

On 12 Jul 2001 18:58:26 +0930, Not Zed wrote:
Try running evolution-mail in a terminal separately and trying to find
where its crashing.

If its an assertion failing in libibex or something, delete the .ibex
files in ~/evolution/local/* and try again.  Maybe try remoting the
.ev-summary files as well if that doesn't work.

Not sure past that without more detail, e.g. a backtrace (see previous
list messages on how to obtain these)

Perhaps these debugging tips should be added to ximian website?

http://www.ximian.com/apps/evolution-faq.php3
seem like a good place.

BTW:  The layout of the Evolution FAQ page makes it really hard
to find the instructions for downloading from CVS.  The page is
organized into two sections with separate indices.  The second
index is way down the page, so I never found it until I, just
now, searched the entire page for CVS.  It would be a huge improvement
to join the two indices, so that users can easily find all the
information on the FAQ.