Re: [Evolution] evolution 0.1 and support for Mandrake 8.0

I have tried this but the installer complains that I need nautilus 1.0.1 and I have nautilus 1.0.11 installed.
How can I downgrade to nautilus 1.0.1 ? Can I do anything else ?

BTW, the installer also wants libnautilus.so so I had to create a soft link to libnautilus.so.0.0.0 .

Thanks,

David

Ujwal S. Sathyam wrote:

There is a file /etc/redhat-release that is actually a symlink to
/etc/mandrake-release. Remove that symlink and create a real file
/etc/redhat-release with the contents:

Redhat Linux release 7.1

That will fool the Gnome-1.4 installer into thinking your system is a
Redhat 7.1 system.

Worked for me. There were a few glitches. I seem to remember that the
installer barfed in the during the actual install. But by then it had
already downloaded all the rpms, so I just did a manual install.
Real support for Mandrake 8.0 would be nice.

Ujwal