Re: [Evolution] Folder maximum size?

On 06 Jul 2001 17:03:00 +1200, Rob Brown-Bayliss wrote:

Is it possible to limit the size of either a vFolder or real folder?  if
not can it be implemented?

I ask as I belong to one very busy mailing list (about 250 mails a day)
and seldom read it, reading only when i post a question (bad taste huh?)

You could make a vfolder that contains anything that arrived in the last
week.  You could probably implement a filter that deletes anything from
that list older than a certain date.  Or even put a tag in your question
subject line that you look at so all other mails get deleted beofre they
get into your mailbox.

I would just unsubscribe from the list.

The problem is that every 5 weeks or so evo becomes overloaded as the
folder passes the 30meg mark.

Overloaded?

I have tried deleting the mails inside evo, but evo always crashes when
deleteing hundreds of mails.

Well thats just a bug.

You could also try using maildir which should scale better

Since we've just hit feature freeze we can't even really contemplate a
feature to implement this for some time.