Re: [Evolution] delete mail should move to trash

On 03 Jul 2001 20:30:39 +0930, Not Zed wrote:
Check 'hide deleted mail' if you want this behaviour.

If I'm not mistaken, "hide deleted mail" does not
give this behavior.  It merely hides the messages
that are marked for deletion.  It doesn't move
messages to trash.

There are several limitations with the current
message removal handling.

1.  Most mailers I know allow two separate mail
deletion strategies:

        Mark messages for deletion
        Expunge those messages on request or
        program exit.

and

        Move messages to trash
        Empty trash on request or program exit

Currently, Evolution only supports marking messages
for removal and then expunging/emptying trash upon
user interactive request.

I'd like to see the "expunge on program exit"
and "empty trash on exit" options added.  I'd also
like the option to have messages moved to trash
instead of having them simply marked for removal
(Marius' request).

        Miles