Re: [Evolution] All characters garbled with an iso10646-1 font available

On 2001.01.29 20:32:06 +0100 Ilya Konstantinov wrote:
Hi,

(This bug was submitted to Ximian's Bugzilla, but apparently
no one noticed it -- it's bug id 1294)

[...]

This bug is a major problem for me, since I work in the KDE 2
environment, where the localization files (.mo) are in UTF-8
(unlike GNOME applications, where they are in local ISO8859-X
character
sets) - so for localized applications and Unicode menus and edit boxes
(which Qt 2 provides), you have to use an iso10646-1 character set
with iso10646-1 fonts available.

Well, it seems, that there is also a problem with ISO8859-1 fonts and
german "umlauts". If an Umlaut appears in an email, the rest of the line
is garbled.

Bye, Nils
--
Nils Bokermann           /"\
Johanneswerkstr. 90      \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign