Re: [Evolution] Feature request summary 1/27

On 29 Jan 2001 14:13:47 -0500, Duncan Mak wrote:
On 29 Jan 2001 11:44:54 -0500, Tim Reilly wrote:
Ack! It's nice to have my requests noticed, but the -number 1- request
I've been asking for in Exec Summary is proxies for the RDF summary!
Either that or someone to show me how on earth to get it working, and
where it shows me how to configure http proxy in GNOME. :)

Hmm.. so here is how it goes: Evolution can't set the http proxy because
it's not current using GConf, but Nautilus (which uses GConf) can set
it. So the only solution right now is to use Nautilus to set the proxy.

It would eventually be nice to be able to set it in Evolution too,
however, porting to GConf is not scheduled for 1.0, AFAIK.

There isn't a configuration file or something that I can edit somewhere?
My connection is too slow to download the hourly builds of Nautilus
before the next hour comes around and new files are put up...