Re: [Evolution] Why IMLIB ERROR: SHM can't get SHM Identifier...?

I don't know if someone's already posted this or not, but this is athe
solution for pre-1.2.9 GTKs:

In /usr/src/linux/include/asm/shmparam.h, change

#define _SHM_ID_BITS    7
#define _SHM_ID_BITS    10

and recompile your kernel. This increases the number of available SHM
segments from 128 to 1024.

-M

Tristan Tarrant wrote:

Looking at the Changelog for the upcoming GTK+ 1.2.9:

Sat Nov 18 11:56:39 2000  Owen Taylor  <otaylor redhat com>
 [ backport from 1.3.x ]
 * gdk/gdkrgb.c: If possible, create only a single shm segment and
use multiple parts of it instead of creating a bunch of separate
segments, since the maximum number of segments per system is not
 large.
 * gdk/x11/gdkimage-x11.c (gdk_image_new): Don't set gdk_use_xshm
 to False when we get EINVAL from shmget so that the caller of
gdk_image_new can retry with a smaller segment size.