Re: [Evolution] Wow! New Exec Summary feature. :)

On 25 Jan 2001 12:45:51 -0500, Tim Reilly wrote:
Howdy, Ximianites!

After seeing the newer version of Exec Summary (in Jan 25 snapshot), it
inspired me to be greedy and make a bunch of requests for the component.
:)

That new version should have been there earlier, but I forgot to commit
it.

1) Proxy support for the RDF summary.  Unless Evolution is using some
GNOME-wide proxy that I just don't know how to configure, I can't use
the RDF summary feature.  This would be a REALLY REALLY useful feature
for me.  Next to Palm in the RPM, there's nothing I want more in Evo. :)

There is a proxy thing for gnome-vfs, but I don't know how to set it.
I know it can be set from Nautilus, but I don't think you can set it any
other way, and Evolution can't set it as you need
gconf to do it, and Evolution doesn't use gconf yet.

2) A "Get Mail" button in the Exec. Sum. toolbar.  Now, if you add
auto-checking mail sometime in the future, the "Get Mail" button I just
asked for becomes trivial.  But since that doesn't seem to be happening,
I'll be greedy and ask for a Get Mail button.

Again, this isn't possible I don't think, until the mail component gets
an interface to do it, which it doesn't at the moment.
Might not be hard to add though and might be a nice feature.

3) Is there a way to get the Mail service to list out the Subject lines
for my new emails? That would be great! I tried clicking on the
configuring [?] button for the mail service, but it does nothing.

This might be possible, and it's not a bad idea.
How would you want it done? All unread mails or just X most recent
unread?

4) (nit warning!) Someone's probably noticed this already, but the title
bar for the Calendar Component is messed up in the new snapshot.

I hadn't noticed this, I'll have a look at it now.

5) (MAJOR nit warning!) Also, the mini-icon that normaly displays in the
top-right corner (In the grey bar that lists your current component)
seems to show the top left bit of the large Executive Summary icon,
instead of the mini-icon that appears in the tree view.

I noticed this, but didn't know what was wrong with it....

And a bug I ran into Exec Summary: If I try to close the RDF summary
before it times out (remember, it couldn't get the summary because of
proxy), it totally hangs the Executive Summary AND my cursor. I had to
Ctrl+Alt+F1 and log in under the terminal to kill Exec-Summary :(

I'll look into this as well.
Thanks for all this stuff

iain