Re: [Evolution] Highlighting text with Ctrl-Shift-Arrow...?

On 26 Jan 2001 00:42:34 -0500, Lloyd Llewellyn wrote:

By habit, I often highlight text while editing a message body by holding
down the shift key and pressing ctrl-arrow key to highlight words (each
ctrl-arrow will move the cursor to the next word, highlighting it along
with the rest of the selction).

When I do this in Evolution's editor window, I am moved to another
control on the editing window.  For example, if I hold down shift and
press ctrl-leftarrow right now, the cursor moves to the "Subject:"
field.

I take this habit with me from Windows; dos Linux have some other
convention to achieve the same thing, or is this an issue with
Evolution?

Keybindings for the composer editor are actually configured in Control
Center->HTML Editor,
but I notice that there is no Select-Word-Left/Right to bind to at
present. One for the Gtkhtml list perhaps?

Mike

--
Mike Newman, Weston-super-Mare, UK | http://www.gtnorthern.demon.co.uk
"I think the internet is the greatest waste of time since masturbation