[Evolution] composition editing woes

Why doesn't the composition window provide "Select All"? With the
default behavior being to quote all the text of a message being replied
to (is there any way to turn this off?), often I want to get rid of all
the quoted material, but I need to laboriously sweep with the mouse and
cut to get rid of the quoted material. Maybe I'm missing some settings
here, but I've looked everywhere I could. Using 20010119 snapshot RPM.

Thanks

-- F