Re: [Evolution] Text frontend?

On 19 Jan 2001 12:43:42 +0100, Janne Moren wrote:
Is anybody working on a text frontend to Evolution? Since the graphical
frontend and Camel backend are cleanly separated, this should be doable,
right?

There are (for me at least) a number of reasons to be able to read mail using
a simple text interface. Whenever I'm away on conferences or the like, I find
it a lot easier to do a remote login using ssh to my home machine, then
reading my mail using Pine, than it is to try to configure my POP accounts on
the fly on cheezy windows boxes at the conference vanue.

No one at Ximian is currently working on one.  We'd like to have one but
its not a priority right now. We are of course accepting patches :-).
I'm sure dan, jeff and the other mailer people would happily answer
camel questions to get this going.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com