Re: [Evolution] new user impressions

On 15 Jan 2001 16:14:28 -0700, Brian Grossman wrote:

I'm a user new to evolution.  Here's my observations of the Mailer after my
first use (v0.8).  My perspective is that of a long time exmh user.  I hope
these observations help make evolution even better.

1. Nice!

That it is, even given everything else that's up in the air.

2. Maildir support for get mail is weird.  When I told it to use
      /home/brian/Maildir, it insisted on using /home/brian/Maildir/inbox.

What I did was to symlink /home/user/Maildir to /home/user/inbox and Evo
liked it. *shrug* Weird, and hopefully fixed in later releases.

23. Thank you for supporting maildir and mh.  Mbox format is just too
      scary for contemplation.  The horror stories I could tell...

And then you look in your evolution directory to see how they store
messages... everything's an 'mbox' file.

---
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland LLC
  Creates his swap file in a RAM disk.
  From the Canonical Fulldeckisms List:
  http://www.herbison.com/canon
---