[Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] SynchML 1.0 standard

On 13 Jan 2001 23:29:43 -0700, Kevin Cullis wrote:
I don't know if this will make a difference in Evo's development, but I
thought this was interesting since it talked about PDAs, etc for syching
pesonal data.

I'm aware of the spec, its been out publicly for a month or so.  The
trouble is it defines only the synch protocol, not the format of the
exchanged data (ie it says how to sync the calendar data but not what
the calendar data being exchanged is, ical, vcal, etc).  This makes it
an ineffective layer of abstraction currently.  It is also interesting
to note that at PalmSource this year I did not hear it mentioned once
and palm is a major pda player and on the standars committee.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com