Re: [Evolution] gnome-spell

Kirk,
I've had the distinct pleasure of doing this recently. I must advise you
though that this is not an easy task! First off you need to get the
pspell and aspell tarballs from their respective websites. I think they
are both hosted on sourceforge. Then get the gnome-spell module off the
gnome CVS server. It is the only way to get working code, as that which
exists on the gnome ftp site will not work.
The first step is the compile / install pspell, then aspell, then in the
pspell/modules directory, run add-modules. THEN, recompile / install
pspell, and finally install gnome-spell, making sure you use the
--prefix=<gnome-prefix> flag!
At least that is what it took for me, that and two days of agony.... :-)
But it works! If anyone knows of a more simple method, I'd be curious to
know as well....

Garrett Mickelson