Re: [Licq-main] behind firewall

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 03:48:05PM +0100, Matthias Menzel wrote licq-main:
I have observed an additional problem: When both users are behind a
firewall, I cannot establish a direct connection. Especially file
transfers and encrypted communication is impossible.

If you control the firewall, this shouldn't be an issue.
The only reason that's happening is because you don't allow incoming tcp
connections without an outgoing one first for the ports involved.
To correct this, simply  allow incoming connections on the ports licq uses
(or those you select). I've done it, it's not hard.

--
draco
GPG fingerprint: 4A79 3CD7 95E6 2CA3 043F E8EA 12D5 8925 EF80 F446