Re: [Evolution] Mad Idea... Bugzilla -> vCard?

On 27 Feb 2001 10:44:30 -0500, Sejal Patel wrote:
Not being a bugzilla expert here I might be talking out of my *ss but
from the looks of it, couldn't a perl script be written that goes into
the MySQL db and extracts the bugs and write them directly into the
local/Tasks/tasks.ics file in the appropriate format.  Granted, direct
file modification is not recommended by the average user but it really
doesn't seem too complicated.  Why go through the effort of using CORBA
(or ORBit) and making all kinds of modifications to evolution and/or
bugzilla.  I don't know, I may have just misunderstood the question but
it seems like a very simple perl script could do the task you requested
and probably make your breakfast as well :)

You don't generally want to do this because if the wombat is running it
will not be notified of the changes.  We provide the C bindings in
cal-client.[hc] to make things easier.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com