Re: [Evolution] Incorrect Counts for Inbox and Grid Lines

unscribe me damnit

At 09:15 27-02-01 +0100, Martin Rhodin wrote:
At 04:34 27-02-01 +1030, Not Zed wrote:
On 25 Feb 2001 18:02:43 -0500, Steven Knight wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) I am running an Evolution snapshot dated 2001.02.16 and the number of
> messages Evolution reports as new in my Inbox is 5 but when I open the
> Inbox there are no messages in Bold ( ie there are no new messages ) ---
> this only
> happens with the Inbox, though. If I open the Inbox using mutt, mutt
> reports 0
> new messages.

Well currently evolution and mutt use different mechanisms for marking
the read flag, so this test doesn't tell you much.

Other than that, well I can't say whether updating would fix this, there
have been a lot of changes in the last week.

> 2) I am running Ximian Gnome 1.4 beta 1 ( using Sawfish as WM ) and
> using the following sequence
> I can cause grid lines to appear onto Evolution ( just the main window )
> :
>
>   a)  Depress Left Mouse Button
>   b) Move mouse either left or right
>   c) Let go of mouse button and the grid lines appear

This sounds more like a sawfish problem, and maybe some interaction with
bonobo (since for example the main evolution window is a conglomeration
of others).

> But trying this seqence on gnome-terminal, galeon, freeamp these lines
> do not appear.    Though I
> do not know if this is a evolution issue, a sawfish issue or both.  This
> bug only occurs if the "How windows being moved are animated" option in
> the sawfish options
> is set to box.  Also this same bug happens when I resize evolution, as
> "How windows being resized are animated" is
> set to box.
>
> Thanks,
>

> --
> Steven Knight                   #include <standard_disclaimer.h>
> steven knight unh edu           ICQ # 7061721
>
> This was but a prelude; where books are burnt human-beings will be burnt in the end.
>                 --Heinrich Heine, 1820
> Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat.
>                 --Santayana
> Will I ever use calculus again?
> No. There is no connection between calculus and anything you will do in
> life. We use it simply as a way to trick people into becoming mathematicians. > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martin Rhodin
IT-supporter
tlf: 40117858
Email: mnr virus112 com