Re: [Evolution] undefined references in address-conduit-control-applet

On Saturday 24 February 2001 07:35, JP Rosevear wrote:
On 23 Feb 2001 20:01:44 -0500, Tony Rein wrote:
Hello.
I've been trying the last couple of days (Thursday and Friday) to compile
Evolution from cvs source. It keeps failing with the following errors:

address-conduit-control-applet.o: In function `doTrySettings':
/opt/cvs/gnome/cvs/evolution/addressbook/conduit/address-conduit-control-
applet. c:89: undefined reference to
`gnome_pilot_conduit_config_enable_with_first_sync'

These symbols come from gnome-pilot.  Check the README for more
information on compiling pilot support.

-JP
JP:
Thanks for the reply. However, I do have gnome-pilot installed, and I'm still
doing something wrong. I've tried both with the RPMS from Ximian's ftp site,
and with gnome-pilot built from cvs, and I still get the above errors. When I
built gnome-pilot from cvs, I passed the autogen.sh script the parameters:
--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --with-pisock=/usr
The above directories are what the rest of my gnome setup is using.
When I build Evolution from cvs, I pass autogen.sh the same parameters, in
addition to "--enable-pilot-conduits=yes"

Is gnome-pilot supposed to "register" itself somehow with gnome? When I type
"gnome-config --modversion gnome-pilot" it tells me "no such library." I have
verified that "ls /usr/lib/*pilot*.*" gives me:

/usr/lib/gpilotConf.sh         /usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.so@
/usr/lib/libgpilotd.a          /usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.so.0@
/usr/lib/libgpilotd.la*        /usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.so.0.0.0*
/usr/lib/libgpilotd.so@        /usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.a
/usr/lib/libgpilotd.so.0@      /usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.la*
/usr/lib/libgpilotd.so.0.0.0*  /usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.so@
/usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.a        /usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.so.0@
/usr/lib/libgpilotdcm.la*      /usr/lib/libgpilotdconduit.so.0.0.0*

and "ls /usr/include/gpilotd" shows:

gnome-pilot-client.h                gnome-pilot-dbinfo.h
gnome-pilot-conduit-backup.h        gnome-pilot.h
gnome-pilot-conduit-file.h          gpilot-structures.h
gnome-pilot-conduit-standard-abs.h  gpilot-userinfo.h
gnome-pilot-conduit-standard.h      gpilotd-app-dummy-callbacks.h
gnome-pilot-conduit-sync-abs.h      gpilotd-app.h
gnome-pilot-conduit.h               gpilotd-conduit-mgmt.h

Any suggestions on where I might have screwed up my gnome-pilot installation
or setup?

Thanks again.
Tony