Re: [Evolution] outgoing smtp servers

I'd be happy if the SMTP setting was just under a menu pick like "Options"
or "Preferences" and by setting it there, all accounts would use that
gateway.  It does seem redundant to have it required for each account when
they all should be sending through the same server for the network that you
are on at the time.

The drop-down would just be nice in that same location for those who have to
send through many different gateways and don't want to memorize FQDN's for
all of them.  I'll live if I don't get this one though 8)

The sendmail idea has merit, but it steers the prospective mobile Evolution
user towards wrestling with quite possibly the most complex config file of
them all.  Not all of the Evo-users-to-be are going to be NEARLY as
technically inclined as the members of this list.

        John

                *Don't fear the penguins.*Don't fear the penguins.*
                L                                                 L
                I      -o)   J O H N   G R A B E R, MCP           I
                N      /\\   mailto:badger wi rr com              N
                U     _\_V                                        U
                X                                                 X
                *Don't fear the penguins.*Don't fear the penguins.*