Re: [Evolution] evolution refuses to start

Hello,

I have the same problem! Anyone?

Sincerely yours,
Kristian

Friedhelm Büscher wrote:

Hi,

I have an up to date gnome system (installed and updated via helix-update).
I installed the evolution snapshot 0.8 via helix-update, but when launching
evolution, it simply says :

evolution: error in loading shared libraries: evolution: undefined symbol:
unicode_init

what do i need to launch evolution ?

-
There were no dependancy errors while installing the rpms, i have every rpm
installed, which is mentioned on the website :

gal-0.4.1-0_helix_2
libgal3-0.4.1-0_helix_2
bonobo-0.30-0_helix_3
bonobod-0.30-0_helix_3
gtkhtml-0.8-0_helix_4
gtkhtmld-0.8-0_helix_4
gnvfsdev-0.4.2-0_helix_2
gnvfs-0.4.2-0_helix_2
lunicodd-0.4.gnome-0_helix_1
lunicod-0.4.gnome-0_helix_1
oaf-0.6.1-0_helix_2
oafdev-0.6.1-0_helix_2
orbit-0.5.6-0_helix_2
orbitdev-0.5.6-0_helix_2

i'd like to test the evolution thingy, so please help me out with this
issue.

thanks,
Friedhelm.