Re: [Evolution] Debian CVS and "stable" version of EVO won't run

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Neilen Marais wrote:

Hi all

I can't seem to get evo going (I've been at it for a whlie now)

When I run EVO I get a dialog telling me:

Cannot initialize the Evolution shell.

Any advice?

Thanks
Neilen

I had the same problem. The answer is in the archives but because I am
feeling nice today I shall repost it.

Matt Bernstein spoketh:
Strange.. I can now get it to start by removing an old
/usr/local/share/oaf AND /usr/local/bin/oafd and friends AND deleting
everything in /tmp/orbit-${USER}/

Stig.. maybe this might help for you! Had you (like I) tried to build
from
source and then gave up and used the packages? And does non-root have
/usr/local/bin in $PATH before /usr/bin?

HTH