[Evolution] snapshot install problem on RH6.2 (help files?)

The evolution preview was working pretty well for me, so I tried the
snapshots.  Oops.  It's pretty much unusable for me - read mail works
fine, but it hangs if I try to compose a message, among other things; it
also becomes flaky if I try to read the help (which fails).  And sure
enough, there's nothing in /usr/share/gnome/help for evolution...  This
was all installed with helix-update.

Console messages:

adding source pop://mike earl pop rcn com/
adding dest smtp://smtp.rcn.com
got message in dispatch thread
sending queue
got message in dispatch thread
updating inbox too

So far, so good.  Try to compose a message:

Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app
evolution-message-composer

Evolution is pretty much hosed at this point.  killev and restart.
Nuking ~/evolution doesn't help.

Am I missing something obvious?