[Evolution] Re: [discuss] Scope of GNU GLUE project [WWW Link]

On Fri, Feb 09, 2001 at 06:55:37PM +0000, Sander Vesik wrote:
I'm a bit reluctant to admit GSS-API into it all as a 'mandatory' or core
part. The core should be toptally usable with no crypto. In this day and
age, it does have it's advantages.

Not that I am overly sure at this point where XML-RPC precicely fits in...

GSS-API does not say that you have to use crypto.  It simply allows you to.

It is much like PAM (pluggable authentication modules) for logging in...
you can use PAM modules to tell all of your login programs that users have
to pass certain tests (UNIX password, kerberos ticket, AFS token, time of
day, etc.), but you can have a PAM module that just says "always succeed"
(pam_sample on Solaris can do this).

Mike