Re: [Evolution] Would Evolution support open groupware?

On 9 Feb 2001, Lloyd Llewellyn wrote:

[snip]

-  allows independent, drop-in replacement of the client / client OS,
groupware package, and back end data store.

-  encourages developers to write clients for the system with a
comprehensive and flexible API

Questions:

-  would Ximian co-sponsor such an effort?  Would they consider writing
to a back end like this?

Which back-end would that be?

-  ditto for Open Office?

I can't speak for anybody but myself, but - if Evolution/Gnome implements
the not-yet-existing API, I definately do see myself making sure the data
is accessable over the UNO<->Bonobo bridge.

-  anyone here interested in something like this?

Me. But I guess you already know that...

Thanks

        Sander

One day a tortoise will learn to fly
        -- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'