Re: [Evolution] few questions about IMAP and NNTP servers

On Sun, 2001-12-30 at 09:26, Pasha Murat wrote:

- I found how to change size/encoding of the font, but how one
  chooses the font itself (helvetica-courier-times etc) used
  by Evolution?

Either open a new message window and select "Edit" -> "Properties...",
or go to the GNOME Control Center and select "HTML Viewer".

- I'm using IMAP server, is there a way to tell Evolution to store
  sent messages in the "Sent" folder of the server?

Select "Tools" -> "Mail Settings...", and Edit the IMAP account. Go to
the "Special Folders" tab and select the proper folder. You may have to
subscribe to the folder (i don't recall if this is necessary), through
the "Tools" -> "Subscribe to Folders..." menu

- how one would see the contents of remote "Trash" folder on IMAP
  server? (so far Evolution shows it empty to me, while
  Netscape/Sylpheede show all the messages in there)

You may have to subscribe to it, as desribed above.

- how one specifies NNTP server to work with?

I don't know, but somebody else on the list might.

sorry if these questions have been already answered, just didn't find
an efficient way to search through the archives

I know what you mean. I usually just download all of the archives and
grep through them. Not an elegant solution, but it works, except when I
am at home on dial-up.

                  thanks again, Pasha

You're welcome.

P.S. I'd also like to report a minor but nasty problem with the editor:
     Ctrl-D invoked when typing in the message body deletes characters in
     the subject... -  unless I press TAB when in the subject field,
     there is a blinking cursor left in that field ...though it may not be
     a problem with Evolution per se but with some underlying package

Hmmm, I can't seem to reproduce this. What kind of keybindings are you
using (in the message composer window: "Edit" -> "Properties...",
"Keyboard Shortcuts" tab).

--
I want something that'll give me the stamina of a young werewolf, the