[Evolution] Working offline problem in evo

I posted this a few weeks ago about selecting workoffline and nothing
happens.  Basically it does not go offline.  Well I could not recreate
the problem until yesterday.  It seems while connected online evo will
go in and out of offline mode but when I boot and have no
Internet/network access, selecting this option does not work.  Strange
but true.  I have duplicated this on another install of evo also trying
to determine if it was my machine.
Scott