[Evolution] LDAP Question

Hello all,
  I currently use an LDAP server (OpenLDAP v 1.2.11) to look up email
addresses of people within my company.  I have made the hack to the
config.xmldb file so that Evolution searches this LDAP server when I am
composing a new message.  This has been working just fine.
  However, I am in the process of moving the LDAP directory to a new
server (running OpenLDAP v 2.0.11).  I migrated all the information to
the new server, and then changed my config.xmldb file to look at this
server instead of the old one (after completely exiting out of
Evolution).  Unfortunately, my auto-address completion no longer works.
  I also set up this new LDAP server as another address book source.
When I choose this server from the drop-down list I can find the
information I am looking for within the directory; although I am
experiencing some strange things here, too.  For example if I do a
search for any field contains "John" I get no hits.  But if I do a
search with name contains "John" I get the correct hits.
  For testing purposes I set up Netscape's email client and Microsoft
Outlook 2000 to use my new LDAP server as an address book source to see
if they had any problems accessing the information; both programs worked
fine.  I also did some tests using the GQ LDAP graphical client and had
no problems accessing the information on the new server.  After doing
these tests I have to assume that the problem lies in the way that
Evolution is doing the search on the LDAP database.  Anyone have any
ideas of what might be wrong?  Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
John Welch
Systems Analyst