[Evolution] slow composer

Hi everyone,

Evolution seems to be getting ever-nearer being usable. :-)
I've just updated and added to bugzilla's DB this AM :-)

I have a small wish, but don't know what category to file under.
When composing a new message, it takes "forever" (>3 sec.) for the compose
mail window to appear.  This is ridiculous.  Of course, I'm on a PII-233
with 128MB RAM, but stil... :-)  Anyway, should I file a wish for a more
efficient composer window under gtkHTML or Evolution?  And which
component?

Why does a new composer window have to be spawned every time? Put
another way, why does sending a message close the composer rather than
just clearing the text.  It seems that only spwning the composer once
would not only be more efficient on resources, but MUCH easier for the
user as well.  I could put up with the 3 second delay the first time so
long as any other messages could be typed right away.  But, having to go
through the hassle of point-n-click (or even ^N) to start the process,
then wait an eternity in computer-time for the window to spawn for EVERY
message is just not productive...

Another related question:
How can I get the composer/viewer geometry attributes to be remembered?
Is this an Evo thing or a WM thing?  (I *do* have several problems with
sawfish not respecting requested geometries...)

Cheers, and keep up the great development,
-Don

P.S.  I'm using CVS snapshot evolution-1.0.0.99-snap.ximian.200112180857
Donald A. Peterson       | dpeterso engr orst edu
Ph.D. Research Associate |
Dept. of Chemistry       | PH:  (541) 737-7079
Oregon St. University    | FAX: (541) 737-0480