[Evolution] compiling cvs - issues

After hearing that the cvs version fixes an annoying bug with the focus
changing by mouse movement, I decided to grab it and see what other
improvements have been implemented...

Anyway, when I run autogen, I get a message like:

Please add the files
  codeset.m4 gettext.m4 glibc21.m4 iconv.m4 isc-posix.m4 lcmessage.m4
  progtest.m4
from the /usr/share/aclocal directory to your autoconf macro directory

as far as I know, these files should be in /usr/share/autoconf (or
/usr/local/share/autoconf, which is a simlink to the former), and I put
them there...  but I still get the message.  What am I doing wrong?

Also, I've been trying for a long time to get ssl compiled into
Evolution (I'm running slackware so never had a chance to use an rpm -
plus, I prefer to compile stuff on my own if I can).  I tried using the
--with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/ssl/include and
--with-openssl-libs=/usr/local/ssl/lib options, but it still tells me
that it's not going to compile with ssl enabled.

Anyway, if any developers are reading...  keep up the good work.

-Chris